Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Birthday?? Hubby!!

Yesterday was Husband's birthday. It was also the day that we received 12+ inches of snow. Husband gets up at 2 AM everyday in order to get to work by 4 AM. The roads were not great when he went to work, but while he worked for the next 10 hours, the snow continued to fall fast and furious! By the time he was off, all the state crews had been pulled off the roads; it was just too snowy and windy to do any good. Poor Husband had to weather the storm sitting at work all by himself on his birthday! He finally made it home between 5 and 6 PM. What made matters worse was that when he got home he had to shovel the back driveway. I had shoveled the front driveway so that he could get the car in the garage, but it took me two hours!! I was so exhausted that I couldn't shovel the back driveway too.
On the bright side, we had celebrated his birthday on Sunday. It was a lot of fun. We went to a Chinese buffet and he opened his presents. My mom made him his favorite pie--french silk. If nothing else, this was definitely a birthday he will never forget!! Happy Birthday, Honey!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, what a bad birthday!! I hope next year is better!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...