Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Playing Catch-Up

Since I have been absolutely HORRIBLE at updating lately, I thought I would go through month by month and give some highlights. I am a bit anal, and can't seem to move on to what's happening now without 'tying up loose ends' so to speak. Even though there are a few entries from September I think that's where I'll start with the updating. I don't typically make New Year's Resolutions because they are so hard to keep, then I just feel depressed that I didn't stick to them, but this year I think I'll make an exception and resolve to do a better job on my blog. :) OK, it's in writing now, so I'm a little more accountable, right?!


SEPTEMBER

Husband and I attended a Joyce Meyer conference in St. Paul, MN. It was WONDERFUL!! Husband made fun of me, calling me a Joyce Meyer groupie since I insisted on getting to each meeting at least an hour before the doors opened. It was well worth it, since we were able to get floor seats for each of the four sessions, and the farthest back we sat was 10 rows from the front!! The closest we sat was 5 rows from the front, and the first three rows are reserved. You see, the conference was free and there was no saving seats between sessions. If you ever get the chance to her, I HIGHLY recommend it. She is so practical and down to earth. She speaks in everyday language that's easy to understand. She's been through a lot of junk in her life, so she preaches about things that she's experienced herself. I just love her.

While we were in MN, we were able to squeeze in a little bit of time with family. On the way to St. Paul we stopped in to see Husband's aunt at her elementary school. It was fun for me to see her classroom, as we both teach first grade. We stayed with my cousin, who I haven't been able to spend much time with in recent years. We had a good time catching up, and enjoyed some of his "famous" french toast. We also went to Matt's on 35th and Cedar for a Juicy Lucy.....YUM!! If you ever get to the Minneapolis area, you've got to go have a Juicy Lucy! We were also able to have a short visit with husband's mom and dad. A little too short, but nice all the same. Mostly, husband and I were mostly able to have some much needed us time. In between sessions on Friday we walked around downtown St. Paul. It's a beautiful city and the weather was picture perfect.

OCTOBER
October was a busier month than it should have been! I teach in a school on a balanced calendar, which means that I start earlier and end later than traditional calendar schools, but I get a couple two-week breaks during the year. One of those breaks comes in October. Instead of taking both weeks off that were offered, I opted to teach an intersession class the first week. The pay was too good to pass up, but it sure did make break fly by! The weekend of the first week off, Husband and I went to visit some old friends at a church retreat a couple of hours from where we live. We saw some friends from when we were young and going to church camp! It was a lot of fun.
The second week of break I was off, but it seemed like every day was filled with things to do. Some were fun like going to Galena with my mom and celebrating my birthday with my family at my favorite restaurant. Others were not so fun like chiropractor appointments. Still others were things that we mom's just do like going to middle school basketball games to watch your daughter cheer. Before I knew it, October was gone and November had come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See if you'd just update more often you wouldn't have to type these long posts.