Saturday, June 16, 2007

Clothesline Progress

A week after my dad came and started the clothesline project, he came over to finish it. It wasn't a very nice day because it was raining, but he persevered nonetheless. My mom decided to supervise from the house by watching out the windows and occasionally opening the door and hollering something out. I decided to be a tad more helpful this time and withstood the rain outside with my dad. It was a little slick and muddy trying to get the old posts out of the ground. As always, though, my dad used a little ingenuity and found an easier way to do it. After a couple unsuccessful tries with the jack, he found a long pole to use as a lever, and the old poles came right out!

My mom helped my dad string the lines on the poles, then he took us for Chinese! Yum!

Today is the first time I have had a chance to use my new clothesline to it's full potential! My daughter has hung out a load for me a couple times, but since I'm still in school and it has rained faithfully every weekend since the completion of the project, I have not had the chance to do all of the laundry at once. I'm happy for the most part; completely happy with the posts and spacing of the lines, but disappointed with the line itself. All they had at Home Depot was the white plastic line, and it's TOO stretchy! I need to go to a couple of other places and see if I can find the green stuff with the wire in the middle. Then I believe my lines will be perfect!



No comments: