Saturday, June 16, 2007

Same Day, Different Project

Whenever my dad comes over, I try to squeeze as many projects out of him as possible. Husband and I just aren't very handy people. I think my dad's favorite saying is, "What are you going to do when I'm gone?!" I try to think of clever answers to this question like, "I'll just give you a call and you can come back!" Of course, this isn't exactly what he means, but oh well!
Anyway, the day he finished the clothesline he also hooked up the water and ice maker to our refrigerator. This may not sound too exciting to you, but to me, it was GREAT!!! We have been without ice for probably four years or more. My old refrigerator's ice maker quit working, and I didn't ever have room in the freezer for ice trays. The old refigerator finally died, but fortunately for us, my sister and brother-in-law, Chloe (pronounced Schlow) and Skeeter, were getting a new fridge at the same time. They sold us their old one, and now, thanks to Dad, we have ice! The entire project went relatively well, and I even got to drill the hole in the floor with my own drill. I did use my dad's drill bit, though, because he had some fancy thing I had never seen before. All in all it was a good day. I can't tell you how nice it is to have ice again. You just can't truly appreciate the little things until you go without!

No comments: