Monday, August 27, 2007

You Just Never Know

It's so good to be back in school. No, really! I do miss the kids when I'm not around them. First graders are just too funny. You never know what's going to come out of their mouths. I sometimes wish that I could just hang out with them all day and play and have obscure little conversations with them. You just can't make this stuff up!
While we were all gathered on the carpet this morning, a little girl was doing some odd things with her hands up in front of her eyes. I asked her what she was doing and she told me that she has a lot of PC's at her house. I asked what a PC was since I thought maybe it had something to do with the weird hand things she was doing. After all, that's why I asked in the first place. She said, "You know!" I said, "A PC, like a computer?"
"Yeah," she said. "We have lots of them at my house."
"How many?" I asked.
"600"
Then an argument broke out between a little boy and a little girl. He accused her of sticking her tongue out at him. She denied it, he kept pressing the issue that yes she did. Finally, she said, "I don't even know how to stick my tongue out!"
"Like THIS!" he said, and stuck his tongue out at her. She promptly raised her hand to tell on him for sticking his tongue out at her! :)

No comments: